Friday, 11 July 2014

Review: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation

Hey Guys,  

Hope you all are happy and healthy. 

Revlon whipped cream foundation is sure very old in the market, but, new to me. I always wanted to try this foundation, but, for some reasons never picked up. So, when I was at my local Shoppers Stop, shopping some stuff for my husband, I sneaked away and tried this foundation.

Initially I was a little bit skeptical about the shade range that Revlon has released in India. Revlon, for reasons better known to them, has released only three shades in India that suit only fair to medium skin beauties, while internationally it has many more shades suiting medium/ darker skin beauties. This is true with not just most of the Revlon, but, with most of the 'drugstore' brands. Limited shade range act as the biggest deterrent for me to try some amazing drugstore foundations. Alas! Through this post I want to request Revlon and all the brands to release more shades, suiting medium to dark skin beauties, in Indian Market!

The SA initially matched me to Warm Golden, which was way too light for my complexion. I tried Warm Golden in the store and wore it back home to see in proper day light, as most of the times store lights are deceiving in choosing the right shade of foundation! Lucky I was, as I did not buy it immediately. Then, I tried Natural Tan and the Assistant at the counter was just not ready to believe that I wanted to try this shade on myself. Anyways, cutting long story short, Natural Tan matched me better, except that it is little less warm for my complexion. However, blending it down to the neck resolve the issue for me. Victory!

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation is like a typical fluid foundation whipped into a more thicker mouse like formula. The foundation is quite runny for a mouse formula, but, it's much thicker than a typical fluid/ liquid foundation. As the formula is quite thick, it feels heavy on skin. The foundation has medium to full coverage, and I need very tini-tiny bit of concealer to hide any blemishes or redness around my nose. For a thick formula like this, it blends really easily and one needs very little product to get the job done. Be easy with the quantity, as it will look cakey and unnatural. The company website says it doesn't needs to be set with powder, but, I do set it with my Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder for a better hold. Revlon claims it to last for 24 hours, which is quite insane. I haven't tested it for 24 hours honestly, and I never will! But, this stays put pretty long on me and with primer underneath this foundation gives me the almost the sweat proof make-up base. Another best part, it photographs really well, giving an illusion of flawless skin! I feel, if available in more shades, this foundation will be a great choice for weddings, as it is long wearing and photographs really well.

The foundation comes in a sturdy glass jar, with a screw cap, which is quite heavy. I find the packaging very inconvenient to carry around, unhygienic and also it will tend to be messy in the long run with the foundation accumulating in the screw threads. if not handled carefully.

Price: INR 800.00 for 23.7 ml which is very economical.

Overall, this is a great foundation for this price, which is long wearing and picture perfect giving an illusion of flawless skin, only if you get your shade match in India. Wish, Revlon releases more shades in India. 






I hope you guys found the review helpful. Which is your favourite foundation from drugstore and if you are around NC40 in MAC foundations, which shade do you use? Do share with me in the comments below.

Lots of Love






P.S.: 

5 comments:

  1. Waaait what's with the shade selection story? That doesn't make any sense at all! I'm glad you found a good shade match though! I've never really looked into this one because I prefer foundations that come with a pump, but the finish looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It must be hard for you to have a limited color range. How can that happen there in India? Thank god you manage to find a shade for u ;)
    I have been wanting to try this too but never get my hands on them. If I add few more bucks, I can get a high-end foundation lol. Drugstore foundation here in Australia is a joke haha. Anyway, enjoy the foundation ;)

    www.walkoverthemountain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the finish and really looks beautiful on you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Foundation does looks nicd on you dear :)
    loved thd eye make up too eeshuuu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am MAC NC 37 but I wear NC 40. I have the hardest time here in the US trying to find my right shade in any foundation outside of MAC. People think it's funny but I find it quite annoying that it's so hard to find my shade...feel your pain. :(
    Tiki | Grow It Girl

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always exciting and inspiring.

However, a humble request. Please ensure that your comments are someway related to the post, not derogatory or disrespectful by any means and hurt any one's sentiments. When I say this, I do not mean that I will not accept positive criticism which will help me improve content of the blog.

If you are commenting and appreciating, I have right to know you. So, please do not comment as 'anonymous'. Anonymous comments will be deleted and be reported as spam.

Thanks for stopping by and do stay around. Your comments mean a lot to me.... xoxo