Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Review: Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed

Hey Guys, 

Hope you are happy and healthy. 

I spoke about this product from Chanel in my Haul Video HERE

Soleil de Tan Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid is a oil free and fragrance free sheer, weightless liquid that instantly brightens skin and evens out skin tone. Light Reflective pigments provide radiance and luminosity. Botanical extracts soften, smooth and moisturize skin. 


It comes in a sturdy frosted glass jar which is quite heavy duty. The quantity is huge, 30 ml or 1 Fl. Oz. which would last a long time, as you need a tiny amount to get the effect. 

Price: INR 2900.00 for 30 ml or 1 Fl. Oz. 


I wish the packaging was a little different to incorporate a pump, as pouring it from the jar becomes messy and also the jar neck and cap looks dirty as the product accumulates in the threads, thereby causing wastage of the product and also making it travel unfriendly. I would highly appreciate if they change the packaging to make it more travel friendly and less messy. After all, when you shelling a bomb from your pocket you would want everything to be perfect. 


When this Chanel product landed in my stash, I was already using a small sample for about an year. I waited for about an year. Actually there's a small history behind waiting to finally purchase the full size bottle. I used to have MUFE Liquid Highlighters and was totally loving it, but, over the time the oil started separating and started smelling horrible and I had to literally throw those away without using much. So, I was very skeptical about buying the full size jar of Chanel Illuminating Fluid and dislike it later. So, I requested the SA to sample out a little bit of this product. After using it couple of times from this little sample vial, I waited for about a year to see how it behaved. And to my surprise, the product was as good as it was about an year back. There was no smell and no ingredient separation. So, I went ahead and bought the full jar for which I had to shell extra as Chanel has increased the product prices manifolds in India. 


Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed is a warm golden bronze liquid highlighter that can either mixed with the foundation for an over all glow or used as cheek bone highlighter for a subtle highlight. I have been using it with either ways but like more when I mix with my foundation. I love how my skin glows without making it look like a shinning decorating balls or a glittery disco ball. On my warm NC40 skin tone in MAC foundations, this doesn't give me any color but a glow as if my skin is glowing from within. This blends miraculously on the skin and doesn't look patchy of cakey. When noticed very minutely, it has tiny gold particles that disappear into ethereal glow when mixed with foundation. In the blended swatch below you can notice these tiny gold particles, but, these are visible when I blended a very heavy quantity to capture blended effect in the picture. As it's an oil free product, it didn't make my skin oily over the day. So, I have found a complete winner in this Chanel Illuminating Fluid. 

Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed

Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed
A lovely reader wanted a comparison of Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Fluid with the Dior Amber Lights highlighting powder. When swatched together they look similar in color, but, the later being more reflective and it is more appropriate to use it a cheek bone highlighter than all over and the former gives a subtle sheen when used as a typical cheek bone highlighter. 



You can see me wearing the Chanel Sunkissed all over with foundation in my previous post HERE. I am wearing it as a cheek bone highlighter in the picture below, of course, a little heavily than I would really like to wear it normally, to capture it well in the pictures. 
Wearing Soleil Tan de Chanel on cheek bones
Have used Soleil Tan de Chanel Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed? How do you like it? Share your experiences in the comments below. 

Lots of Love 






17 comments:

  1. the shade looks very similar to MAC Hush :) no doubt its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Parita, yes it is.
      Hush us more peach while this is more golden/ bronze.

      Delete
  2. The illuminator truly stands out .. looks fab on you sweetie..

    I hate throwing away stuff too but if starts showing faces. ( smells and separation ) we have no choice..
    Thats so nice of her to handout a sample so that you can test before shelling so much on the product.. :) ..

    Pity us as we have to pay higher for everything imported inclusing CHANEL,Sephora and MAC.. :( ..

    I am adding it to my CHANEL wishlist.. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ...

      Thanks. Let me know how do you like it :-)

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely! It's so subtle but has such a beautiful effect... I think this will be a great choice for those of us with oily skins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi. Yeah, atleast on me, it doesn't look shiny mess. Do try it before you pick up the full size, though!

      Delete
  4. Hey esha, thank you dear for this lovely post. Was really looking forward to it. You just made my day :).
    It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunninggg you are looking eesha :D :D i need to pick this up soonnnnn :) before they hike the price again :( :( but trust me worth the price tag :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Eesha, I have heard great things about the line, but I haven't tried anything from it yet! I'm so sorry to hear about the MUFE one. I think it's amazing how you waited for a year to make sure this one wouldn't turn bad! It looks really good on you! Glowly in a credible way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton Sunny! Yeah it's worth to wait than throwing away unused product, which is way more painful.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking great..shade suits you very well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks amazing Eesha :) You have blended it so well that it shows at the same time there is not too much !

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always exciting and inspiring.

However, a humble request. Please ensure that your comments are someway related to the post, not derogatory or disrespectful by any means and hurt any one's sentiments. When I say this, I do not mean that I will not accept positive criticism which will help me improve content of the blog.

If you are commenting and appreciating, I have right to know you. So, please do not comment as 'anonymous'. Anonymous comments will be deleted and be reported as spam.

Thanks for stopping by and do stay around. Your comments mean a lot to me.... xoxo