Thursday, 7 August 2014

Review: MAC Lip Glass in Water Deities from Alluring Aquatic Collection

Hey Guys,

Hope you all are happy and healthy. 

I have been waiting for the Alluring Aquatic Collection ever since it was launched internationally simply for its packaging. But, by the time I could hit the store most of products of the collection were gone. Only a couple of glosses and the two bronzers were left. I honestly do not need more bronzers, so, I settled with a Lip Glass from the collection. The two glosses that were left were Water Deities, a light bronzy pink, and Seducing Sound, an almost metallic bronze shade. I picked up Water Deities and browns/ bronze make me look look dull. 

Water Deities is described as light bronzy pink, which to my eyes is more apricot pink loaded with golden shimmer. The gloss is semi opaque but enough to the pigmentation on my lips. It wears well for about 2-3 hours on me, leaving behind a layer of shimmer. Like all MAC lip glasses the formula of Water Deities is also very thick and sticky. On me Water Deities looks almost like a frosted finish gloss, but, not so much so that it washes me out to look ghostly. But, those with darker skin should stay away from this, as it would definitely make you look pale and washed out.

Packaging of Alluring Aquatic Collection is definitely worth the mention here. M.A.C. did great this time parting with its standard black packaging for a limited edition collection and hence a steeper price. The Lip Gloss costed me INR 1350/- (for limited edition packaging) as against INR 1190/- for Lip Glass from permanent collection. 

Overall, if you have fair to medium skin color and like light and nude lip glosses with high shimmer then Water Deities is for you. I would prefer to wear it alone with may be a more dramatic look, so that I don't look washed out and pale. 








I know I am really late in posting the review of a limited edition product, but, I thought it was better late than never. 

Have a lovely week ahead. 

Lots of Love







P.S.: 

1 comment:

  1. I loved all the gloss from this collection :) this is so beautiful and so are the pics Eesha :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always exciting and inspiring.

However, a humble request. Please ensure that your comments are someway related to the post, not derogatory or disrespectful by any means and hurt any one's sentiments. When I say this, I do not mean that I will not accept positive criticism which will help me improve content of the blog.

If you are commenting and appreciating, I have right to know you. So, please do not comment as 'anonymous'. Anonymous comments will be deleted and be reported as spam.

Thanks for stopping by and do stay around. Your comments mean a lot to me.... xoxo